2017 AWARDS DAY PROGRAM: June 2, 2017 from 1:00-2:40 PM in the HS Auditorium
St. Anthony Village High School has served the area well for the past forty-plus years. In 1962 we opened our doors and in 1963 we had our first graduating class of 59 students. This year’s class has 169 seniors, of that number, 95% will be headed to college. About 65% of them will be going to a four year college and about 30% to a two year college.
College costs are soaring upward, and in many cases, out of reach for some students. So to help out, in our humble way, we at St. Anthony Village High School have created a Local Scholarship program. The program has grown over the years to a point where last year local sponsors provided a total of over $40,000 of scholarships shared among our graduating seniors. To honor the sponsors and recipients, we host a ceremony in late May during the school day to award the scholarships. We call the ceremony the “Awards Day” presentation. The Awards Day program is a great opportunity for sponsors to be visible to our student body and community. It is also a strong motivator for students in grades nine through eleven.
SENIOR MEETING: March 8, 2017 - Auditorium @ 11:15 AM - Attendance is required, attendance will be taken.
DEADLINE: March 29, 2017 3:00 PM in the Counseling Office
PROCESS FOR APPLYING:
- You must be a graduating senior at St. Anthony Village High School.
- You review the CRITERIA SHEET, complete and submit the GENERAL APPLICATION and ANY SUPPORTING MATERIAL by stated deadline.
- Only completed applications will be considered.
- Scholarship committee meets through April.
- Every student who applied will be notified of decision the week of May 15th. If you have not heard back from the Counseling Office by then, talk with Mrs. Kurak immediately.
Foster Family in honor of Dan and Kate Foster
Jessica Petrick Axtel Memorial for Music
SAVHS Cross Country
SAVHS Retired Teachers
SLP/STA Boys Soccer Booster
SLP/STA Girls Soccer Booster
Hard copies of the GENERAL APPLICATION, CRITERIA SHEET AND OTHER SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE located in the Counseling Office.
If you are interested in learning more about establishing or contributing to next years scholarship fund, please contact Kate Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.